Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A classic Cajun dish combining the holy trinity of pepper and celery with diced chicken, chorizo, rice and prawns, flavoured with a smoky blend of Chilli Powder, herbs and spices, all cooked in one pan for a really tasty meal for everyone.
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 large stick celery, sliced
- 225g (8oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, diced
- 100g (4oz) chorizo or smoked sausage, thickly sliced
- 4 tsp Schwartz Perfect Shake Cajun Herb & Spice Blend
- 325g (11oz) long grain rice
- 600ml (1 pint) chicken stock
- 125g (5oz) cooked King prawns, defrosted if frozen
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Lemon wedges to serve
STEP 1Heat the oil and fry the onion, pepper and celery for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the chicken and chorizo and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, until browned, stirring frequently.
STEP 2Stir in the Perfect Shake Cajun Special Blend and rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
STEP 3Gently pour in the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook on a medium heat for 14-15 minutes, stirring half-way through, or until the rice is just cooked through.
STEP 4Stir in the prawns and spring onions and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, until the prawns are heated through. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.