Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Chicken Cacciatore - tender chicken pieces in a herb flavoured tomato and olive sauce. This recipe serves 2, but can easily be doubled to serve 4.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbs Schwartz Perfect Shake Garlic Italian Herb & Spice Blend
- 1 tbs Schwartz Oregano
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 50g (2oz) black pitted olives, halved
- 50g (2oz) Parmesan cheese
- 225g (8oz) tagliatelle pasta
- olive oil to drizzle
- Schwartz Sea Salt and Black Pepper to season
STEP 1Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan and add the onions. Fry for 5 minutes until softened. Throw in the Perfect Shake Garlic Italian Special Blend and Oregano and stir well. Increase the heat and add the chicken. Cook for 10 minutes until browned.
STEP 2Now stir in the tomatoes and olives. Season well and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
STEP 3Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 12 minutes or until al dente. Drain and drizzle with the olive oil. Stir the Parmesan cheese into the chicken mixture, check the seasoning and serve with the pasta.