Prep 15 mins + chilling 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty mini bean burgers combining bulghar wheat and kidney beans and vibrantly flavoured with Fajita Special Blend to add spice and heat. Great served in flour tortillas with a cooling avocado and cucumber salsa with seasoned chunky chips on the side.
- FAJITA MINI BEAN BURGERS:
- 2 x 400g tin kidney beans, drained and mashed
- 50g (2oz) bulghar wheat, cooked according to pack instructions
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 50g (2oz) breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs Schwartz Perfect Shake Fajita Herb & Spice Blend
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs oil
- AVOCADO & CUCUMBER SALSA:
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely diced
- ½ yellow pepper, diced
- ¼ cucumber, diced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Schwartz Chillies Crushed
- Schwartz Sea Salt and Black Pepper to season
For seasoned chips, try sprinkling Schwartz Perfect Shake Season-All Herb & Spice Blend over oven-baked chips towards the end of cooking.
STEP 1Mix the kidney beans, cooked bulghar wheat, red onion, breadcrumbs, Perfect Shake Fajita Special Blend and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Form into 12 mini burgers and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to cook.
STEP 2Meanwhile, to make the salsa, combine the avocado, spring onions, pepper, cucumber and lime zest together in a bowl. Blend the lime juice with the olive oil and stir in the Crushed Chillies. Pour over the salsa and toss gently to combine, season to taste.
STEP 3Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the mini burgers (6 at a time) for 4-5 minutes, turn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and piping hot throughout.
STEP 4Delicious served with the salsa in flour tortillas and seasoned chunky chips on the side.